A Place to Engage with and Learn from Health Leaders and Researchers Around the World | 6th Annual Africa Interdisciplinary Health Conference | August 9-11, 2023 | Nairobi, Kenya & Virtual
Call for Abstract Submissions:
The AfIHC Planning Committee in collaboration with Kenyatta University welcomes your abstract submissions for oral, poster and panel presentations.. All abstract submissions should use the abstract template and be submitted as pdf or doc. Abstract can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstract submission due: March 15, 2023 at 11:59 GMT
- Abstract notifications: April 30, 2023
- Conference date: August 9 – 11, 2023
We know that the future is still uncertain, and we want to assure you that by submitting an abstract for AfIHC 2023, you will be allowed to opt out if your abstract is accepted but your plan changes before the conference.
We are excited to announce that the following award categories have been established to recognize individuals’ scholarly efforts:
- Best Abstract Award
- Best Oral Presentation Award
- Best Poster Award
- Best Policy Relevance Award
- Best Practice Relevance Award
- Best Interdisciplinary Focused Award
Student awards are:
- Professor Janet Gross Award for Best Student Abstract
- Professor Janet Gross Award for Best Student Oral Presentation Award
- Professor Janet Gross Award for Best Student Poster Award
- Participants are responsible for registration, travel, meals, and hotel costs.
- Where hopeful presenters have submitted multiple abstracts, the scientific committee will make best efforts to ensure that presenters are not invited to present more than two abstracts.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English and submitted here.
- Any presenter who is unable to attend can arrange for another qualified individual to present the paper/poster in question.
- Abstracts not exceeding 300 words for oral and poster presentation and 300 words for panel presentation must be submitted online here
- Submission of an abstract constitutes permission for the conference organizers to publish it in either printed or electronic format for conference promotional purposes.
- Panel presentations must span an entire session and not exceed 1.5 hours. Panel proposals must include session title, description, participants, format, audio-visual equipment needs. Proposal descriptions must clearly state objectives of the presentation and demonstrate relevance to one of the sub-themes of the conference.
- All abstracts submitted will be considered eligible for one type of presentation: oral, poster or panel. The decision of the Abstract Review Committee regarding acceptance and presentation of abstracts is final.
- Abstracts or proposals that do not meet the required format will not be considered.
- Kindly indicate whether your abstract submission is for a virtual presentation only.
Strengthening Africa’s Health Systems through Interdisciplinary Research and Communication.
1. Burden of chronic diseases in Africa
2. Community engagement in healthcare delivery in Africa
3. The role of social sciences in strengthening Africa’s healthcare system
4. Progress on achieving the sustainable development goals in Africa
5. Education and training for healthcare professionals in Africa
6. Response strategies to emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases in Africa
7. Climate change and health in Africa
8. Sexual and reproductive health including HIV and AIDS
9. Disaster mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery in Africa
10. Technology and innovations in healthcare in Africa
11. Challenges and opportunities for telemedicine and telehealth in Africa
12. Impact of food insecurity and water insecurity on health in Africa
13. Gender based violence in Africa
14. Mental health in Africa
Presentation Preference: (Oral, Poster, Panel or Pre-conference workshop)
Title (Limit to 15 words)
Corresponding Author, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country
Co-Authors: Author #2, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country; Author #N, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country
Corresponding Author Contact Information: email@example.com, +(XXX) XX-XXX-XXXX
Consider including the following information in the abstract, when relevant:
Oral presentations provide authors the opportunity to present original work related to any of the conference sub-themes. Oral presentations will have 15-minute time slots and 5 minutes for questions from the audience. Submit abstract using Abstract Template.
Our poster session provides an interactive forum for authors to discuss their original work related to any of the conference sub-themes. Submissions should represent original empirical research, theoretical development, or reviews. Poster submissions should use the Abstract Template.
Panel presentations provide authors the option to organize a panel comprising multiple (but related) presentations. Each panel presentation session will be 60 minutes long, with 50 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for discussion. A panel proposal should use the Abstract Template and must include an abstract summarizing the overall theme of the presentation. Panel presentations that bring together experts for interactive discussions should outline questions that will be addressed by the panel.