A Place to Engage with and Learn from Health Leaders Around the World. | 4th Annual Africa Interdisciplinary Health Conference | Kigali, Rwanda | September 22-24, 2021 |
Call for Abstract Submissions:
The AfIHC Planning Committee in collaboration with University of Rwanda welcomes your abstract submissions for oral, poster, panel, and pre-conference workshop presentations. The submission period is be announced soon. All abstract submissions should use the abstract template and be submitted as pdf or doc. Abstract can also be emailed to email@example.com.
- Abstract submission due : To be announced soon
- Abstract notifications: TBD
- Conference date: September 22 – 24, 2021
- Participants are responsible for registration, travel, meals, and hotel costs.
- Where hopeful presenters have submitted multiple abstracts, the scientific committee will make best efforts to ensure that presenters are not invited to present more than two abstracts.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Any presenter who is unable to attend can arrange for another qualified individual to present the paper/poster in question.
- Abstracts not exceeding 250 words for oral and poster presentation and 400 words for panel and pre-conference workshop presentation must be submitted by email with the subject “AfIHC 2021” to firstname.lastname@example.org or uploaded on our website in pdf or doc format using the abstract template.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes permission for the conference organizers to publish it in either printed or electronic format for conference promotional purposes.
- Please indicate at the bottom of your abstract whether you would like to give an oral, poster, panel or pre-conference workshop presentation.
- Panel presentations must span an entire session and not exceed 1.5 hours. Panel proposals must include session title, description, participants, format, audio-visual equipment needs. Proposal descriptions must clearly state objectives of the presentation and demonstrate relevance to one of the sub-themes of the conference.
- Pre-conference workshop presentations must span an entire session and not exceed 2 hours. Pre-conference workshop proposals must include session title, description, participants, format, audio-visual equipment needs. Proposal descriptions must clearly state objectives of the workshop and demonstrate relevance to one of the sub-themes of the conference.
- All abstracts submitted will be considered eligible for one type of presentation: oral, poster, panel, or pre-conference workshop. The decision of the Abstract Review Committee regarding acceptance and presentation of abstracts is final.
- Abstracts or proposals that do not meet the required format will not be considered.
- Kindly indicate whether your abstract submission is for a virtual presentation only.
Transforming Healthcare through Interdisciplinary Collaboration.
1. Education and training for healthcare professionals in Africa
2. Response to emerging infectious diseases in Africa
3. Community engagement in healthcare delivery
4. Innovation and collaboration toward achieving sustainable development goals in Africa
5. Africa’s response strategies to COVID-19 pandemic
6. Challenges with chronic and non-communicable diseases in Africa
Presentation Preference: (Oral, Poster, Panel or Pre-conference workshop)
Title (Limit to 15 words)
Corresponding Author, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country
Co-Authors: Author #2, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country; Author #N, Degree(s), Unit(s), Institution, City, State/Province/District, Country
Corresponding Author Contact Information: email@example.com, (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Consider including the following information in the abstract, when relevant:
Oral presentations provide authors the opportunity to present original work related to any of the conference sub-themes. Oral presentations will have 15-minute time slots and 5 minutes for questions from the audience. Submit abstract using Abstract Template.
Our 90-minute poster session provides an interactive forum for authors to discuss their original work related to any of the conference sub-themes. Submissions should represent original empirical research, theoretical development, or reviews. Poster submissions should use the Abstract Template.
Panel presentations provide authors the option to organize a panel comprising multiple (but related) presentations. Each panel presentation session will be 90 minutes long, with 60 minutes for the presentation and 30 minutes for discussion. A panel proposal should use the Abstract Template and must include an abstract summarizing the overall theme of the presentation. Panel presentations that bring together experts for interactive discussions should outline questions that will be addressed by the panel.
Pre-Conference Workshop Proposal
Pre-conference workshop presentations provide authors the option to organize workshops a day before the start of the conference. Each pre-conference workshop will be 2 hours long. Pre-conference workshop proposals should use the Abstract Template summarizing the overall theme, purpose and impact of the workshop. Pre-conference workshop proposals must be on any of the four sub-themes of the conference. Workshops that bring together experts for interactive discussions should outline questions that will be addressed.
Kindly indicate whether your abstract submission is for a virtual presentation only.